Home remodeling is necessary if you want to be more comfortable in your living space. It may seem daunting to begin, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. If you follow these tips for hiring a house remodeler, you should be able to get the job done with little hassle. The following tips will help you find the right contractor, set expectations for your project, and even avoid common pitfalls that come with hiring someone to do work in your home. Find the best house remodeling contractors near me with the help of Gordon Reese Design Build. Get expert advice, browse through ideas and inspiration.
Considerations for Finding a Contractor
The best way to find a contractor is by asking friends or family for referrals. Referrals can help you avoid the tricky process of finding a contractor from the internet. You’ll want to ask your friends and family if they’ve had any experience with contractors, how their project turned out, and who they hired. Consider how long this person has been providing services in your area, what professional certifications they have, and how long they’ve been in business. When interviewing potential contractors, be sure to check online reviews on sites like GuildQuality.com, Houzz.com or google..
Avoiding Pitfalls with Your House Remodeler
- Get at least three estimates for your project. You might find that one contractor is the cheapest, but it might not be the best decision for your project. You should compare the different contractors’ proposals and see the difference in cost, timeframe, and quality of work.
- Be sure to define your budget. Determine how much you’re willing to invest on your project.
- Hire a professional contractor to do the job because they know what they are doing and likely have a track record of successful remodels they can reference you to.
- If you want something specific (like painting), find someone who specializes in that area
- Make sure you have a good design and product selections completed before starting your project.
Set Expectations for Your Remodeling Project
Design is the first step to a successful remodeling project. All of your materials, the space planning, etc. are selected which gives your home remodeler all the information for an accurate estimate.
A design build firm can offer design as well as the remodeling work. An advantage to this approach is the design build firm understands construction costs and can guide you through the process within an approved investment range.
We Can Help
Gordon Reese has been creating dream spaces for clients since 1984, and we know the thought of renovating your home can seem daunting. It’s easy to book a call with one of our team members here, or call us at (925) 885-3770. Don’t wait; get started on your new home today!