The weather changes from summer to autumn are all around us. The morning air is inviting a little chill.
Leaves, sticks and twigs are making their way into our yards as the summer vegetation gives way to the cooler weather. Cloudy days are more likely. Days are becoming shorter.
These changes provide the perfect excuse to update your home with fresh accessories and hues inspired by the season.
Here are some simple and fun, as well as earth-friendly, decorating ideas.
- Since everyone will be spending more time indoors, add the autumn colors to your rooms with new throw pillows that will give it more pop and a welcome change.
- A cozy blanket draped over the arm of a chair or couch – or even down the center – adds a colorful, inviting touch too. And provides a great place to snuggle
- Replace traditional light bulbs with ones that will save you energy and last longer. They may require more cash out of your pocket in the short run, but over the next several years, you’ll use less electricity and save on your monthly utility payments.
- Then rearrange your lamps to change the look and feel of your living room or game room.
- Replace or clean our furnace filters to keep the air coming into the home as clean as possible.
- Pull some autumn foliage in from the yard and place it in a decorative bowl or vase to enjoy the season.
It doesn’t take a lot of money to recreate your space. Using what you have and moving it around, or accenting it in a different way, will enhance your space.