But how long does home remodel take? In this article, we’ll discuss the length of time that it takes to remodel your home and potential factors that can affect the timeline. When you decide that it’s time to start making changes to your home, it can bring on a lot of stress and uncertainty. After all, remodeling your home is a significant investment and can temporarily upend your daily life while your dream space is being built. However, with the right amount of planning and patience, it doesn’t have to take a lifetime to achieve your goal.
How Long Does Home Remodel Take?
Several factors can affect how long it takes to remodel your house. There are differences between a major renovation involving knocking down walls and altering a floor plan, and renovating the rooms as they are. A major renovation may also include replacing flooring, heightening the ceilings, or even changing how the front of the home looks.
How long does home remodel take? Homeowners typically spend three to six months remodeling their home, but some factors affect the timeline. A few of these include:
- The size of the project: altering floor plans or remodeling several rooms as they are, room additions, and square footage of the home.
- Your budget and time constraints: what you can afford and in a certain amount of time, such as if you are hosting for the holidays..
- The availability of your contractor: contractors are more available during certain times of the calendar year, so sometimes your project cannot be started right away if there are other projects on the docket.
- The complexity of the work: changing flooring, ceilings, the façade of the home, changing every door and piece of hardware, adding or removing doors or windows, etc.
- Materials and finishes used: if you plan to re-tile a lot of rooms, that takes much longer than installing new carpet. If you would like every room repainted or ceilings or walls re-surfaced, that will also extend the timeline.
How Long Does Home Remodel Take? Final Words
Your internet search about how long does home remodel take brought you to this article about home remodel timelines. As you know by now, the length of time that it takes to remodel your home will vary based on the size and scope of the project. Some projects can be done in a matter of months while others, like room additions or whole house remodels, can take several months. Ultimately, it depends on how much work needs to be done and how much time you’re willing to devote to it.
However, please rest assured that every homeowner who has embarked on a home remodel has never regretted it! Not only does a home remodel give you and your family a comfortable place to live, but updating your space improves your quality of life. If you’re looking to remodel to support a growing family or house extended family, your remodel will improve space logistics. Not to mention, a remodel will immediately increase the value of your home.
We Can Help
We hope this article answered your question about how long does home remodel take. If you would like to start the discussion today on your home remodel, please get in touch with us. We are happy to answer any questions you have and look forward to starting the timeline with you now!